Widener Partnership Charter School is seeking applicants for anticipated teaching openings. Are you an exceptional teacher interested in partnering with a dynamic instructional team committed to developing citizens of character? If so, consider becoming a member of our dynamic instructional team at the Widener Partnership Charter School (WPCS). The mission of the WPCS is to develop urban elementary (K-8) students with the behaviors, commitment and creativity to succeed in the current educational environment. Through holistic cultivation of children's resources, the WPCS enables students to become self-motivated, competent, and lifelong learners. The school aims to educate its students to become citizens of character who can contribute to the vitality and well-being of the region.
By providing a multicultural, student-centered environment in which all students are held to high academic and behavioral standards and by engaging parents and caregivers as partners in the education of their children, the WPCS provides the context for students to work in collaborative relationships both within and outside the school to provide service to the greater community.
In partnership with community leaders and residents of Chester, Pennsylvania, Widener University launched the Widener Partnership Charter School (WPCS) in September 2006. Located adjacent to the Widener University campus, the WPCS is a K-8 elementary school serving the families of the Chester-Upland School District. The school is in its tenth year of operation, and currently has an enrollment of over 400 kindergarten through eighth grade students.
While academic year appointments are generally made in the months preceding a new academic year, we often have opportunities for those interested in teaching positions that become available on a rolling basis throughout the year. If you are a highly qualified classroom teachers holding or eligible to obtain PA certification in Grades K-4, Middle Years content areas, and/or Special Education, and have experience working in urban settings, we encourage you to submit your materials online now so that we are aware of your interest in joining our dynamic team of instructional leaders. For further information about our school, please visit our website at www.widenerpartnershipcharterschool.org. Please check back regularly to review open positions.
- Applicants must possess PA certification in Grades K-4, Middle Years content areas, and/or Special Education pursuant to the Highly Qualified Teacher clause of the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Applicants must also have current PA background checks: the PA State Police criminal history report, the FBI criminal history report, and the PA child abuse history report.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; willingness to communicate frequently with families regarding school curriculum and student progress
- Knowledge of and deep belief in inclusion in the general education classroom for all students.
- Dedication to high standards of excellence and the success of all students; ability to personalize instruction for students so that all are challenged to learn
- Technologically literate and motivated to use technology to enhance learning
- 2 years teaching experience
- Experience in urban setting with diverse community
Based on the nature of this role, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive criminal background and reference check, PA Child Abuse Clearances and employment verification.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
Usual teaching environment; some walk-in traffic, high level of interactions with others in person.
Must be able to stand and teach, occasionally sitting at a desk, walking or climbing stairs; mobility between classrooms and offices.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive University, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener’s main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with satellite campuses in Harrisburg Pennsylvania and Wilmington Delaware. For more information about the University, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.