Widener University is currently seeking a non-tenure track faculty member in nursing on our Harrisburg campus. This role reports to the Dean of the School of Nursing, and provides additional support to the Associate Dean.
The School of Nursing’s unique, powerhouse programs serve the needs of diverse students at all stages of their careers. Students and faculty have opportunities to learn and practice in our nurse-managed clinics where we provide primary care to the underserved in the Chester community. Individuals who bring diversity of thought, experience and practice to the mission of the University and the School of Nursing at Widener are encouraged to apply.
Widener University, a private, metropolitan university with two campuses, one just outside Philadelphia and the other in Harrisburg, which connects inclusive curricula to diverse social issues and empowers our community of learners to discover and create better futures. The School of Nursing is designated as an NLN Center of Excellence for advancing the science of nursing education and enhancing the student experience. Experiential learning, rigorous academics, and civic engagement are the hallmarks of the SON programs. Our school is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity and equity throughout our programs, our nursing practice, and in our workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Design, deliver, and evaluate evidence-based teaching strategies in the classroom to ensure student outcomes.
- Some responsibility related to simulation and lab experiences
- Mentorship/advisement to students
- Participate in student recruitment and retention activities
- Engage in service to the university, School of Nursing and community.
- Contribute to the creation of an environment that promotes diversity, inclusivity, growth, equality, and freedom of speech.
- Develop continuing education opportunities
- Foster interprofessional learning experiences
- Community and civic engagement
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Licensure as a registered nurse and eligibility for licensure in Pennsylvania
- A minimum of three (3) years of nursing practice
- One year (1) of academic or clinical teaching experience. Clinical teaching may include preceptor and staff development experience
- Certification as a Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Experience in psych/mental health, pediatrics or maternal/child health
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a one-page statement of teaching philosophy that also addresses commitment to inclusiveness and equity for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.