Widener University, a member of the SAP University Alliance since 1998, is currently seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management with a Business Analytics focus in the School of Business Administration (SBA). Reporting to the Dean, this tenure track position starts Fall 2021. Faculty will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Supply Chain Management and Analytics. Candidates should show a strong research trajectory, excellent teaching, and willingness to engage in service.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The School of Business Administration puts high priority on inclusive pedagogy, inclusive mentoring, and community engagement. Those candidates experienced in, or who would enjoy, working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and those who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity, are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas throughout their application.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Teach a combination of required and elective courses in operations management, supply chain management, and/or business analytics at the undergraduate and graduate levels; typical teaching load is three courses per semester, which may include in-person, online, or hybrid delivery formats
- Conduct and collaborate on supply chain management research, publishing in academic and industry journals
- Provide expertise, innovation, and leadership to the operations management and business process innovation undergraduate and graduate programs, respectively, as well provide direction for the school in growing its position in supply chain management
- Contribute to the school through service (including leadership activities for the university, the community, or the profession)
- Mentor and advise operations and supply chain management undergraduate and graduate students
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- A Ph.D. in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Management Science, or closely related field, candidates from other disciplines, such as healthcare, that focus on Supply Chain Management will also be considered. ABD candidates will be considered with a planned completion date by start date.
- Demonstrated potential to pursue a productive research agenda, particularly in logistics and supply chain management.
- Experience with data analytics applications, such as SAS, R, and Python, in various fields of supply chain management, such as forecasting and inventory management, sales and operations planning, transportation, logistics and fulfillment, purchasing and supply management, supply chain risk management.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Ph.D. from an AACSB accredited school strongly preferred.
- Experience teaching in business analytics, operations management, or supply chain management.
- Working knowledge of SAP strongly preferred
- APICS membership and CSCP certification.
- Familiarity with connecting AI with supply chain applications and integrating automated data processing tools with supply chain management to derive actionable insights.
- Familiarity with design thinking, agile, lean, and six sigma methodologies
- Experience with large data sets and optimization modeling.
- Experience with business intelligence/data visualization software.
- Familiarity with SQL and data wrangling skills with usage of relational database platforms.
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Please send three confidential references, transcripts and teacher evaluations if available, to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted. The deadline for submitting an application is February 14, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.