Widener University's School of Business Administration (SBA), accredited by AACSB-International, invites applications for a tenure-track position in Economics at the rank of Assistant Professor starting Fall 2021. Reporting to the Dean and Department Chair, this role may teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Economics, Analytics, and related fields correlated to degree and areas of study. Additionally, qualified candidates should have the ability to teach courses in applied economics areas such as healthcare, sports analytics, customer experience or process improvement.
We invite applicants from all areas of applied economics who are engaging in high impact teaching, conducting high quality research, and are willing to commit to academic and professional service.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The School of Business Administration puts high priority on inclusive pedagogy, mentoring, and community engagement. Those candidates experienced in, or who would enjoy, working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and those who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity, are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas in their application.
Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Teach a range of graduate and undergraduate courses
- Teach three courses per semester, which may be in face-to-face, online, or hybrid delivery formats.
- Contribute to the school through teaching, research and service (including leadership activities in the school, university, community, and/or profession).
- Mentor and advise economics undergraduate and graduate students
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education/training and experience required):
- Doctoral degree in Economics or related field. ABD candidates will be considered with a planned completion by start date.
- Meet the requirements of AACSB for Scholarly Academic.
- Qualified to teach macroeconomics, microeconomics and statistics/analytics at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, high impact practices and innovative curriculum development.
- Commitment to leadership and service activities.
- Doctoral degree from an AACSB accredited business program
- An expertise and ability to teach and research in one or more of the following applied economics areas: healthcare, sports analytics, customer experience and/or process improvement.
- The university offers joint certificates at the graduate and undergraduate level in SAP and SAS. Special consideration will be given to applicants with experience or interest in teaching with these tools.
Qualified applicants must submit a brief application, cover letter, and C.V. for consideration. Please send three confidential references, transcripts and teacher evaluations, if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted. The deadline for submitting an application is February 14, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.