Widener University is currently seeking an Undergraduate Clinical Placement Manager in the School of Nursing. This role reports to the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Nursing and provides support to the Undergraduate Nursing Program by coordinating student clinical placements as well as hiring, training and evaluating adjunct clinical instructors beginning in January2021
Widener University, a private, metropolitan university just outside Philadelphia, connects inclusive curricula to diverse social issues and empowers our community of learners to discover and create better futures. The School of Nursing is designated as an NLN Center of Excellence for advancing the science of nursing education and enhancing the student experience. Experiential learning, rigorous academics, and civic engagement are the hallmarks of the SON programs.
Our school is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity and equity throughout our programs, our nursing practice, and in our workplace. The School of Nursing’s unique, powerhouse programs serve the needs of diverse students at all stages of their careers. Students and faculty have opportunities to learn and practice in our nurse-managed clinics where we provide primary care to the underserved in the Chester community. Individuals who bring diversity of thought, experience and practice to the mission of the University and the School of Nursing at Widener are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Recruit, hire, and evaluate adjunct faculty;
- Lead orientation programs for adjunct clinical faculty;
- Develop and implement formal and informal learning opportunities in clinical pedagogy for all clinical faculty;
- Serve as liaison among faculty on matters of clinical teaching;
- Serves as a resource for clinical placement and adjunct faculty on the Harrisburg Campus
- Evaluate effectiveness of clinical teaching via ANNUAL site visits and peer reviews
- Assure compliance with clinical requirements, in collaboration with course coordinators;
- Review and update policies and procedures for clinical experiences, as needed.
Clinical Agency Responsibilities:
- Secure clinical sites, exploring new sites, as needed;
- Evaluate clinical sites for capacity and adequacy of learning opportunities;
- Facilitate positive collaboration between SON leadership, faculty, and clinical agencies.
- Willingness to assist with other duties related to assuring excellent clinical experiences
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Master of Science with major in Nursing
- Licensure as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania or eligibility for licensure in PA
- Minimum three years of nursing practice experience
- Minimum of three years teaching/clinical experience in collegiate nursing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable flexibility and ability to prioritize competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of constituents including healthcare administrators, faculty, adjunct clinical instructors, and students.
- Ability to be self-directed, willing to work as a team member, and willing to learn various clinical placement platforms.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous experience in clinical placement; Certification as a CNE
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Standing/sitting at computer desk
- Demanding beginning and end of semester responsibilities
- Must have valid drivers license and vehicle to drive to clinical sites and meetings
- Clinical visits on weekends
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume that also addresses commitment to inclusiveness and equity for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.