Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking a Recruitment and Retention Coordinator in the School of Nursing to support Project Pride (Preparing Registered Nurses through Inclusivity, Diversity, and Empowerment)undergraduate nursing participants. This role reports to the dean, and is a grant funded position with an appointment until June 30, 2022 and the possibility of a continued appointment (subject to continued funding) until June 30, 2025.
Widener University, a private, metropolitan university just outside Philadelphia, connects inclusive curricula to diverse social issues and empowers our community of learners to discover and create better futures. The School of Nursing is designated as an NLN Center of Excellence for advancing the science of nursing education and enhancing the student experience. Experiential learning, rigorous academics, and civic engagement are the hallmarks of the SON programs. Our school is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity and equity throughout our programs, our nursing practice, and in our workplace. The School of Nursing’s unique, powerhouse programs serve the needs of diverse students at all stages of their careers. Students and faculty have opportunities to learn and practice in our nurse-managed clinics where we provide primary care to the underserved in the Chester community. Individuals who bring diversity of thought, experience and practice to the mission of the University and the School of Nursing at Widener are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Provide support for PROJECT PRIDE participants.
- Coordinate and conduct PROJECT PRIDE recruitment events at local high schools and on campus
- Collect and manage PROJECT PRIDE participant data.
- Collaborate with Financial Aid office to facilitate PROJECT PRIDE participant grant benefits.
- Manage peer mentors and academic tutor to support PROJECT PRIDE participants.
- Collaborate with Project Director, Student Support Director, and Student Services Director on PROJECT PRIDE
- Other Duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with 3 years of practice experience
- Excellence in communication and collaboration.
- Experienced in precepting students in a clinical environment
- Master’s in Nursing or currently enrolled in a Master’s in Nursing or Doctoral program.
- Experience with academic advising of pre-licensure nursing students
- Any college teaching experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Must be flexible, some evenings and weekends are required
- Valid driver’s license and transportation to recruitment sites
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.