Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking a Client Experience Specialist in the Learning and Client Experience division of Library and Information Services. This role reports to the Director, Client Experience and Learning Spaces and provides support to faculty, staff, and students at both the Widener University and its affiliate the Widener Partnership Charter School.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The division of Academic and Student Affairs holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment. Faculty and staff are active participants in our work to enhance diversity, equity, & inclusion, including representation on the Faculty Council Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and the Diversity Leadership and Inclusion Council.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- The specialist provides customer service and technical support in a timely, professional manner.
- This position works in a team environment to support service requests and requires the delivery of Tiers 1 & 2 support which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Applying consulting and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair standard technical problems
- Configuring and installing hardware and software
- Providing support and service for printers
- Troubleshooting basic networking issues
- Training and assisting customers on proper use and behaviors of the mobile platforms, and computer systems managed by ITS
- Assisting University and Charter School administrators with accurate asset management data.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Obtain necessary criminal background checks (state and federal) and child abuse clearances.
- Associates degree in a related technical field or equivalent training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information system hardware and software troubleshooting skills and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC and MAC systems
- Experience delivering positive customer/client experience
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in an academic institution, strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies.
- Sound organizational skills and an ability to recognize and change work priorities in a timely fashion.
- Experience with technologies in use at Widener University is very helpful.
- Active Directory
- Office 365 suite
- Remote assistance (Bomgar, LogMeIn, GoToAssist)
- Kace System Management Appliance
- Audio Visual basics
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- The usual work environment is an office/ computer room. Heavy walk-in or telephone traffic; high level of in-person and routinely sitting at a desk or table, routinely standing, walking or climbing stairs, routinely lifting less than 25lbs, occasionally lifting\pushing more than 25lbs. Routine standing, bending, stooping and kneeling are all part of the job. Basic manual dexterity is essential.
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.