Calling all Nurses! Are you looking for an opportunity to foster the development of future nurses. If so, this position is for you. Widener University is currently seeking TWO part time (20 hours per week) recruitment and retention coordinators in the School of Nursing to support Project Pride (Preparing Registered Nurses through Inclusivity, Diversity, and Empowerment). This role reports to Dean, and is a grant funded position with an appointment until June 30, 2022 and the possibility of a continued appointment (subject to continued funding) until June 30, 2025.
Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty, staff, and students who will be on our campuses to become fully vaccinated. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener’s hands-on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The School of Nursing holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment. Faculty and staff are active participants in our work to enhance diversity, equity, & inclusion, including representation on the Faculty Council Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and the Diversity Leadership and Inclusion Council.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
Provide support for PROJECT PRIDE participants.
- Coordinate and conduct PROJECT PRIDE recruitment events at local high schools and on campus
- Collect and manage PROJECT PRIDE participant data.
- Collaborate with Financial Aid office to facilitate PROJECT PRIDE participant grant benefits.
- Manage peer mentors and academic tutor to support PROJECT PRIDE participants.
- Collaborate with Project Director, Student Support Director, and Student Services Director on PROJECT PRIDE
- Other Duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with 3 years of practice experience
- Excellence in communication and collaboration.
- Experienced in precepting students in a clinical environment
- Master’s in Nursing or currently enrolled in a Master’s in Nursing or Doctoral program.
- Experience with academic advising of pre-licensure nursing students
- Any college teaching experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Must be flexible, some evenings and weekends are required
- Valid driver’s license and transportation to recruitment sites
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.