Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking a Student Success Advisor in the Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment. This role reports to the Associate Director of Admissions and Enrollment and provides support to the Center for Graduate and Continuing Studies.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
The Advisor can expect to connect with approximately 100-150 prospective students a day (via phone, email, text or web chat), all of whom have requested information about one of our online or campus-based programs prior to connecting. At any one time, the Advisor will help guide approximately 75-100 student prospects through the admissions and enrollment processes, helping them understand their degree program options and lead them through the various admissions processes and through registration for classes.
The Advisor will also work closely with the Academic Advisors as prospective and continuing students navigate the enrollment and admissions processes.
Working under the supervision of the Associate Director of Graduate and Continuing Studies, specific duties include:
- Assists the Associate Director in executing strategies and plans for Graduate and Continuing Studies programs that promote the overall university’s strategic initiatives
- Provides guidance to prospective and current students and parents regarding Graduate and Continuing Studies program admission and/or student aid and/or enrollment services process
- Answers routine inquiries from prospective and current students regarding admissions and/or student aid, including questions regarding the University’s enrollment services processes
- Works with cross-functional teams (marketing, TLT, registrar, advising etc.) to develop best in-class onboarding and retention experience at all levels for prospective and current online students.
- Works with CRM Administrator and Data Analyst to deploy program-specific communication plans via CRM for students
- Facilitates conversion of incomplete applicants to complete, including email and phone communication where appropriate
- Works extensively with the Associate Director for enrollment growth and retention strategies and other initiatives that align with unit strategic direction.
- Responsible for Leave of Absence, expired Conditional and Provisional Matriculations, Matriculation Time Limits and Change of Program processes for assigned programs.
- Conducts ongoing registration outreach to continuing students
- Represents the unit at external recruitment fairs and events
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- 1 - 3 years admissions, enrollment, or online management experience
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external constituents
- Ability to manage multiple projects and plan effectively
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Must understand FERPA and confidentiality requirements
- Master’s degree in Communications, Counseling, Higher Education, Social Work or related field
- Experience in University admissions
- Experience working with Canvas
- Knowledge of accreditation standards related to admissions for human services and mental health fields (i.e. CSWE, CACREP, APA etc.)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Usual office environment; heavy walk-in traffic; high level of interaction with others in person electronically or via telephone.
- Ability to be mobile between workstation and various campus buildings
- Ability to travel within a 100 mile radius
- Valid driver’s license
- Occasional evening/weekend work may be required
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.