Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking an Admissions Counselor in Undergraduate Admissions. This role reports to the Associate Director of Admissions and supports the recruitment of new undergraduate first year students.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The Division of Enrollment holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
Enthusiastically represent Widener University by:
- Assisting with off campus recruitment events including, but not limited to, high school visits and college fairs
- Assisting with on campus recruitment events including, but not limited to, open houses, workshops, campus tours
- Planning and assisting with virtual recruitment events including, but not limited to, online chats.
- Presenting and delivering engaging presentations for prospective students and families
- Evaluate new student credentials and recommend admission decisions
- Cultivate relationships with high school counselors and other key prospective student influencers
- Plan and execute creative recruitment strategies within an assigned geographic territory and with support of Associate Director of Admissions; travel extensively within assigned geographic territory
- Remain informed and up-to-date on all Widener University recruitment messages, facts, and policies
- Use Slate CRM to support recruitment, student tracking, and data retrieval
- Be an active and positive member of the undergraduate admissions team, demonstrating a willingness to participate and volunteer in team initiatives.
- Collaborate with other campus units to support recruitment of new students
- Contribute creative ideas to the overall undergraduate recruitment strategy that meet the generational trends
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in contributing to a climate of inclusivity and working with a diverse student body
- Career interest in admissions counseling and/or higher education
- Fluency in Spanish
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
- Must be able to sit and work on a computer for 2+ hours minimum at a time.
- Must be able to stand and move between buildings at recruitment event, and provide walking tours when necessary across campus.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.