Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking a full-time Shuttle Bus Driver on our main campus in Chester, PA. This role reports to the Associate Director of Campus Safety Operations, and provides support to all faculty, students and staff across campus. The schedule for this role is Monday - Friday, 5:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The department of Campus Safety holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Provide safe and professional shuttle service to the campus community and surrounding areas
- Ability to operate 15 passenger vehicle
- Conduct pre- and post-trip vehicle safety inspections
- Maintain interior and exterior of vehicle to ensure safety and cleanliness
- Maintain assigned route and time schedule
- Comply with all state and federal rules and regulations, as well as university policies and procedures
- Maintain a friendly, helpful demeanor
- Monitor roadways and parking lot areas for potential hazards to vehicle and passengers
- Maintain accurate rider log as instructed
- Responsible to write and file reports as needed
- Ability to operate a radio or any equipment located in vehicle
- Report all incidents to dispatch office as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for past five (5) years
- Proof of insurability
- Ability to operate vehicle in inclement weather
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully and effectively communicate (written and verbal) with passengers and colleagues
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate a computer, radio or equipment located in vehicle
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle difficult situations tactfully
- Previous professional experience in driving large groups
- Valid commercial driver’s license
- Familiarity with the local area and community
- Experience in a customer service related role
- Experience working at a school or university
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- May work weekends, holidays, nights, and special events
- Sitting in a vehicle for extended periods of time
- Ability to enter and exit vehicle as often as needed to assist passengers
- Ability and willingness to work in inclement weather
- Occasionally lift and carry items
- Ability to sit, stand, reach and bend
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.