Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated and compliant as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University Delaware Law School is currently seeking a Recruiting and Admissions Coordinator for the Graduate, International, Compliance and Legal Studies Programs (GICLS). This role reports to the Assistant Dean and Executive Director and provides support to the Graduate International Compliance and Legal Studies Programs.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The Gradate, International Compliance and Legal Studies Programs hold a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Understanding critical importance to meeting the enrollment and revenue goals of the University.
- Demonstrate proficiency with each of the programs including but not limited to admission requirements, total credit hours, curriculum, faculty, potential job opportunities, alumni, and course requirements and accreditations.
- Develop and implement a recruitment plan with strategic initiatives to build a strong pipeline of prospective students for each incoming class in each program.
- Explore, coordinate and attend recruiting events on and off campus, including organizing all aspects such as social media posts, vendor contact, recruiting material delivery/carry, travel arrangements, booth set-up and removal
- Build and maintain relationships with local high schools, colleges, community-based organizations, law firms and businesses to increase the pipeline of interested qualified and diverse candidates
- Maintain recruitment website profiles
- Explore new opportunities for recruiting
- Schedule and host information sessions/webinars/open houses for interested candidates and present compelling information about program offerings on and off campus
- Support the development and distribution of program materials to current and future partner organizations and prospective students
- Actively engage in communications portals to discuss programs with applicants
- Engage with prospective students through email, phone, text message, and in-person
- Support and serve as the primary point of contact across the enrollment continuum including prospect communications.
- Conduct all duties all duties in a manner that is a positive reflection on the University
- Assist with student admissions
- Be the first line of contact for prospective students, by responding to phone calls and web-based interest forms
- Engage students at every stage of the admissions pipeline, with the goal of transforming prospective students into applicants, and applicants into enrolled students
- Facilitate collaboration with the Admissions team to provide initial screen of applicants and to ensure their smooth transition into the admissions process
- Follow-up and is the constant contact with all correspondence gained with outside constituents
- Participate in welcome receptions and acceptance meetings for students at the end of every admissions cycle
- Provide excellent customer service to every prospective student via phone, email, and in person
- Support students with all aspects enrollment process by providing hands-on student support, and interfacing with key stakeholders in each department, including financial aid, registrar, and bursar
- Partner with the community agencies, organizations, and colleges
- Lead the support of applicants with navigating the various applications portals
- Liaise with key departments to ensure all applicants have appropriate documents and meet all required deadlines for admissions
- Database & Document Management
- Track the weekly progress towards admissions & recruitment-related goals
- Process and maintain prospect data (prospective interest forms, interview notes, follow up documents) into our database.
- Ensure data integrity for all Recruitment & Admissions related contacts and accounts
- Manage the design and production of regular reports to track, document, and measure admissions & recruitment progress and statistic, and provide regular updates to the team
- Assist with Orientation
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver's license and passport
- 2 - 3 years of experience in admissions, recruitment, enrollment, partnership development, and/or sales
- Experience with community outreach and public speaking
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Customer service experience (i.e. cold calling)
- Ability to use data to drive learning and improvement
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Knowledge to establish goals, outcomes and assessment of recruiting opportunities
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible
- Professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to travel to off campus events, carry and set-up recruiting materials
- Commitment to Widener University’s educational mission and core values
- Pipeline management experience (ability to convert prospective student to lead, to information session attendee, to interview scheduled, to application completed, to interview completed)
- Experience working with external stakeholders
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and travel domestically
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to carry and transport marketing materials such as brochures, banners, promotional items
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.