Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Communications in Undergraduate Admissions. Reporting to the Executive Director of Admissions, this dynamic and creative professional will develop a comprehensive, multi-modal, strategic enrollment marketing communications program to support undergraduate student (first-year, transfer, and international) recruitment by creating, coordinating and assessing effectiveness in all communication efforts. This professional’s communication skills will effectively lift the university brand and value proposition into critical enrollment projects. These projects will influence enrollment decisions and incite action - such as application generation and application completion through the enrollment funnel.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The Division of Enrollment holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Write new, multi-modal communication flows across all stages of the recruitment funnel. Assess effectiveness of existing communication flows and re-write as needed.
- Create compelling content that is authentic and personal for both prospective students and their support networks
- Track, report, and evaluate efficacy of various communications through periodic A/B testing
- Serve as liaison with and meet regularly with the University Relations marketing team to maximize university brand and stay current of all university marketing stories
- Regularly participate in professional development workshops and sessions that produce research on the latest generational trends and communication preferences
- Understand action steps of the enrollment process for all first-year, transfer, and international students and the unique needs and perspectives of each student population.
- Enhance communication flows for continuing studies and graduate program recruitment.
- Synthesize new university recruitment priorities into communication flows
- Create language for Admissions presentations that are engaging and cohesive with university brand
- Audit all external websites on which university is represented to ensure brand cohesion and statistics.
- Update Admissions web pages based on new programs and visitor/student/ parent/counselor feedback and competitive analyses.
- Counsel Admissions team members and students who manage social media presence to ensure integration, coordination, and consistency of messages and timing across channels.
- Collaborate with other campus units to support recruitment of new students
- Contribute creative ideas to the overall undergraduate recruitment strategy that meet the generational trends
- Other job-related duties as assigned or directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or related field.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in communications role.
- Demonstrated skills with persuasive, clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Professional portfolio required for consideration.
- Ability to interact with people using tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work effectively and simultaneously in multiple forms of communication including print, web, social media and multimedia.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management abilities.
- Possess a collaborative, teamwork approach to fulfilling work projects and institutional goals.
- Demonstrate a strong service orientation and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate an ability to direct multiple communication projects simultaneously, and manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility for new projects
- Experience in facilitating a communication plan
- Experience in Higher Education
- Experience with social media
- Experience with video creation
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience with photography
- Experience with Slate Technolutions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Must be able to sit and work on a computer for 2+ hours minimum at a time.
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.