Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires compliance for all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated prior to employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning and working environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking a Fiscal Operations Manager on the Administration & Finance team. This role reports to the Associate Vice President, Fiscal Operations and Risk Management and will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of projects and programs for the department and across campus. This position requires an individual who is especially detail-oriented and has strong organizational skills. It requires an individual who is skilled at analytical review and operational tasks. The selected candidate should be comfortable with identifying and pursuing creative problem solving, as well as have the ability to effectively write and communicate in a concise manner to a variety of stakeholders. This role will be instrumental in completing regulatory and tax related filings, developing innovative methods to improve routine process flows, and manage various tasks within the department of Fiscal Operations and Risk Management.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The Fiscal Operations & Risk Management department holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution. The department is committed to adapting and training to ensure the inclusion, development, growth and success of its members as part of the team as well as the Widener community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Plan, develop and manage the departmental operating budget
- Complete various regulatory and tax reporting associated with University payroll and real estate
- Liaison with departments across campus to ensure proper recording of transactions and manage year-end accrual inquiry process
- Work closely with Directors in Fiscal Operations Unit to assist in knowledge sharing across campus to refine processes and increase efficiency
- Work with departments across campus to analyze, design and implement transformative business processes
- Manage departmental requests
- Assist with creation of reporting for senior management and executive boards
- Manage departmental compliance and regulatory activity calendar. Proactively plan and coordinate with responsible parties to ensure timely completion of required tasks.
- Various strategic projects
- Collaborate with Directors and other departments across campus to drive continuous improvement in processes and efficiency
- Prepare, analyze and review financial reports
- Attend meetings as a representative of the Fiscal Operations department
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related area or knowledge and experience commensurate with respect to business operations
- 5-7+ years of experience in Fiscal Operations, Accounting or relevant area
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with demonstrated expertise in Excel.
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to work independently and within deadlines.
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to articulate financial strategy, operations, and results.
- Experience improving routine and complex processes with common technology
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-pace and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to tailor communication relative to the style and needs of others.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline recurring routine tasks
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague and Informer
- Preference for knowledge and experience with GAAP financial statement reporting and accounting methods
- Preference for experience or interest in MS Forms, Power Automate or similar software
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- This role may require periodic overtime as needed (quarterly and year-end closings etc.)
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.