Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated and compliant as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking an Associate Director in the Office of Alumni Engagement within the University Advancement division. Reporting to the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic alumni engagement programs, volunteer opportunities and experiences in order to build lasting and mutually beneficial relationships, inspire pride and philanthropic support, and involve alumni in meaningful ways to advance the mission of Widener.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The Alumni Engagement office holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Develop and implement a strategic and sustainable, full-cycle volunteer management program, which includes creating meaningful volunteer opportunities, programs and services designed to engage and cultivate a strong network of alumni volunteers. Furthermore, create a process for volunteer recruitment, cultivation, stewardship and the tracking alumni volunteers.
- Partner with campus entities including but not limited to: Admissions, Career Design and Development and Student Engagement, to identify alumni volunteer opportunities and opportunities for programmatic collaboration across campus.
- Plan, execute, and assess alumni engagement events, experiences and programs including Homecoming Weekend and Founders Day.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage volunteers for alumni affinity groups such as academic majors, special interest groups, professional and industry groups, and geographic groups. Collaborate with volunteers to create meaningful activities that align with University priorities, engagement strategy and volunteer goals.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, to support Alumni Council meetings, engagement, and membership activities to align priorities with members, University leadership and the academic community.
- Conduct discovery visits to identify enthusiastic alumni interested in supporting the University as volunteers and/or donors.
- Implement metrics and benchmarks to measure success, and ensure return on investment
- Manage, mentor, and lead Alumni Engagement.
- Take on other projects and duties as assigned to contribute to the success of Widener’s alumni engagement efforts.
- Attend University Advancement meetings and events.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Education/Training and Experience Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of directly related experience within higher education, alumni engagement, program development, and/or volunteer management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to implement new processes and strategies
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Strong presentation skills
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a car
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset with proven execution
- Full-cycle volunteer management experience
- Experience in a data-driven environment
- Experience in Higher Education
- Raiser’s Edge Software
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Ability and willingness to travel to ensure successful volunteer activities, cultivation
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time at campus events, presentations or other related events
This position offers an option for a flexible/hybrid work arrangement. All employees who are approved to engage in a flexible work arrangement are expected to meet their current performance expectations and other agreed upon terms. The employee must comply with all university rules, policies and procedures during the flexible work arrangement, including those regarding timekeeping and use of leave. Each remote working arrangement is a unique opportunity depending on the needs of the position, supervisor, and employee.
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.