Widener University is currently seeking a State Grand and Special Programs Coordinator in Division of Enrollment. Reporting to Associate Director, this role provides support to Financial Aid in Enrollment Services.
Why work at Widener? At Widener University, we strive to deliver a comprehensive benefits package developed to attract and retain talent. We offer employees the opportunity to participate in a variety of benefit program including health & welfare, retirement accounts, tuition programs at Widener University, life insurance, paid time off, and flexible work arrangements for many roles.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The university holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment.
Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated and compliant as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
In addition to the above COVID-19 statement, all employees, who do not already have an approved exemption, are also required to receive a booster dose no more than 7 days after you become eligible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Initiate, review, update and reconcile student accounts for state grants, tuition benefits programs, and some Widener University funds.
- Reconcile all state grant rosters and other funding, as required.
- Submit timely and accurate reports to state agencies.
- Stay current with regulations to maintain compliance with a variety of state grant and special programs.
- Advise students, staff, and certain special program participants regarding financial status processes, procedures, and requirements and advise on alternative courses of action and consequences.
- Responsible for the administration of PA and other state grants, tuition benefit programs and some Widener University funds.
- Monitor and respond to general inquiries in the Financial Aid email account
- Provide assistance on the phone que with transactions and inquires regarding Financial Aid, Bursar, Registrar and One Card offices
- Answer a wide variety of questions posed by potential and current students, staff, faculty and visitors.
- Understand the basic functions of Financial Aid, Bursar, Registrar and One Card offices as a representative in the enrollment services and one stop area.
- Receive, process, and disburse all pertinent Enrollment Services forms.
- Instruct students on web-based transactions; resolve holds on student records.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Focus on details of position
- Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to utilize a computer/laptop, applicable software, email and internet
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Must be organized, flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to interact effectively and with good customer service skills with students, staff, faculty and external constituents.
- Associate’s degree
- Experience using Ellucian Colleague
- Customer Service
- PA State Grant and/or Special Program experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Be able to sit and use computer for extended periods of time
- May be asked to work with team members on occasional weekends.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.