Widener University, an NCAA Division III Commonwealth Conference member of the Middle Atlantic Conferences, is currently seeking a Head Coach of Softball in the Department of Athletics. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this role provides support to the Widener University Athletic Department and the Division of Academic and Student Affairs.
Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated and compliant as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
In addition to the above COVID-19 statement, all employees, who do not already have an approved exemption, are also required to receive a booster dose no more than 7 days after you become eligible.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The Department of Athletics holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Develop and manage an NCAA Division III Softball program in accordance with NCAA, Middle Atlantic Conference, and Widener University guidelines.
- Responsible for individual and team coaching, practice planning and game preparation, student-athlete evaluation, student academic monitoring, staff management, coordinating on and off campus recruiting, budget management, coordinating team travel and daily operations.
- Adjunct instructor for Physical Education
- Out of season event management duties
- Department administrative responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Three years of collegiate softball coaching experience at the Division III level or higher.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A clean, valid driver’s license with evidence of insurability
- Experience in recruiting and retention of student-athletes and student-athlete academic monitoring.
- Appropriate certifications in CPR and First Aid
- Master’s degree
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of related experience in coaching at the collegiate level
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Night and/or weekend hours may be required.
- Occasional lifting of weight over 40 pounds.
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.