Widener University is currently seeking a Simulation Facilitator to join the Center for Simulation. Reporting to the Director of the Center for Simulation, this role will support faculty and students in the preparation, use, and training of simulation scenarios.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The School of Nursing holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment. Faculty and staff are active participants in our work to enhance diversity, equity, & inclusion, including representation on the Faculty Council Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and the Diversity Leadership and Inclusion Council.
Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated and compliant as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
In addition to the above COVID-19 statement, all employees, who do not already have an approved exemption, are also required to receive a booster dose no more than 7 days after you become eligible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Participate in the integration, development, and implementation of simulation scenarios.
- Maintain and update documentation for all simulation experiences.
- Collect evaluations from simulation activities
- Ensure simulation laboratories are properly prepared for faculty and student utilization in a timely manner.
- Set-up and maintain equipment.
- Facilitate and debrief scenarios.
- Participate in research data collection in simulation
- Participate in Peer to Peer performance reviews
- Participate in simulation educational experiences
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have strong organizational skills, flexible, and superior interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with students, support, and professional staff, and faculty.
- Ability to think critically to resolve problems or issues that arise.
- Enrolled in an MSN program
- Master’s degree with a major in nursing
- Prior simulation experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Evening/weekend hours may be required as needed
Qualified candidates must submit resume, cover letter, and teaching philosophy for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.