Widener University is currently seeking a Lecturer in the School of Nursing/Department of Nutrition Science. Reporting to the Dean, this role provides support to both the Master’s in Nutrition Science and undergraduate Nursing programs.
This position will work closely with the Director of Master’s of Nutrition Science program to implement our new program starting in Fall 2023. The program was granted Candidacy for Accreditation from ACEND is a Future Education Model program. Instructional support for the Undergraduate Nursing program in nutrition is also a component of the role. Opportunities for interprofessional teaching and learning experiences both within the school, and across the university make this a unique opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Course development, implementation, and assessment in the Master’s of Science in Nutrition Science and Undergraduate Nursing program (courses in nutrition)
- Contribute to curricular planning and improvement based upon assessment data
- Collaborate in the development of appropriate nutrition experiential learning sites
- Mentoring/advisement of students
- Participate in school and university governance activities and implement all roles of term or tenure-eligible track faculty (teaching, scholarship, and service)
- Participate in student recruitment activities
- Engage in service to the university, the school, and the community
- Engage in activities that contribute to an environment that values diversity, inclusivity, and equity
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Master’s degree in Nutrition Science or Related Field
- Current license as a Registered Dietitian in the US and eligibility for licensure in Pennsylvania
- At least 1 year of prior teaching experience in higher education
- Experience with student advisement
- Experience with ACEND Future Education Model programs
- Experience teaching in a graduate Nutrition Science program
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- May teach evening classes
- Participation in some evening and/or weekend recruitment activities may be required
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Widener University requires all prospective employees to provide proof of being fully vaccinated (including booster) against COVID-19 prior to employment or apply and be approved for a medical/religious exemption. Offers may be rescinded if new employee does not provide proof of being fully vaccinated in a timely manner.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widener’s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.