Widener University is currently seeking a Human Resources Operations Manager in the Office of Human Resources. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer and AVP of Human Resources, this role is responsible for managing the compensation function and employee records. The Operations Manager assists with development of classification and compensation plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to align with the University goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that University compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Manages the implementation and administration of University compensation programs.
- Works with appropriate HR team members to develop consistent classification and compensation program to be administered campuswide.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with higher education compensation trends and objectives.
- Provides counsel to all staff related to compensation decisions, policy interpretations, and job classifications.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure higher education compensation objectives are achieved.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Prepares and disseminates scheduled reports and analytics and on demand requests
- Serves on University Committees as requested or required
- Supports HR functions and projects as requested
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field
- 3 years of experience in employee classification and compensation
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft products, including Excel.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with senior management.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Related certifications (SHRM, etc.)
- Experience with data management and analysis.
- Ability to manage projects related to functional area.
- Experience in Higher Education.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Widener University requires all prospective employees to provide proof of taking the primary vaccination series against COVID-19 prior to employment or apply and be approved for a medical/religious exemption. Offers may be rescinded if the new employee does not provide proof of taking the primary vaccination series in a timely manner.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widener’s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.