Widener University is currently seeking an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing. This role reports to the Dean of the School. Accredited by CCNE, the School of Nursing is an NLN Center of Excellence and offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, DNP, and PhD nursing programs with total school enrollment of approximately 800 students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Teach nursing courses primarily in graduate nursing programs; teach in undergraduate courses based upon expertise and unit needs.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate evidence- based teaching strategies to ensure student outcomes.
- Scholarly productivity as required by rank and tenure-earning status.
- Clinical practice as required by advanced practice certification
- Mentor/advise students
- Mentor students in DNP Project and/or PhD Dissertation work based upon experience
- Participate in student recruitment and retention activities
- Engage in service to the university, School of Nursing and community.
- Contribute to the creation of an environment that promotes diversity, inclusivity, growth, equality, and freedom of speech.
- Develop continuing education opportunities
- Foster interprofessional learning experiences
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Earned doctorate (PhD or DNP) - PhD required for tenure earning appointment at the rank of Associate Professor
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse and eligibility for licensure in Pennsylvania
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time academic teaching experience with responsibilities for teaching in graduate nursing programs (Rank will be determined based upon experience)
- Current certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Certification as a Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Current appointment as an Associate Professor in a comparable institution
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Widener University requires all prospective employees to provide proof of taking the primary vaccination series against COVID-19 prior to employment or apply and be approved for a medical/religious exemption. Offers may be rescinded if the new employee does not provide proof of taking the primary vaccination series in a timely manner.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.