Widener University is seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst to join the Information Technology Services division. This role is responsible for the maintenance, analysis, development, and support of the university’s centrally managed systems and integrations, including Ellucian Colleague. This role works closely with end-users and other team members and will apply analytical techniques and procedures to understand and translate business requirements into high-quality technical solutions.
This position reports to the Director of University Systems and works in collaboration with a highly experienced and service-oriented team of IT professionals that are actively engaged with all aspects of the university. This position is eligible for remote work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Provide high-level problem-solving, support, and analysis of the university’s technical processes and applications;
- Research, design, develop, implement, and maintain new or existing integrations or customizations;
- Assist with administering, installing, and upgrading the university’s centrally-managed systems;
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and best-practice guidelines for application usage;
- Work with departments and vendors to troubleshoot production problems related to the university’s centrally-managed systems;
- Serve as technical lead and/or team member on concurrent projects;
- Perform full reporting lifecycle support and data management work;
- Provide programming and technical support to business analysts as needed.
- Keep abreast of technology by self-study; attend job-related conferences or courses to enhance professional development and to strengthen and support the university’s technology needs;
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as required by this role.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of professional experience in high-level programming languages; a combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Working knowledge of integration technologies, such as RESTful APIs, web services, and workflows;
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database technologies;
- Strong written and oral communication and customer service skills; ability to support a variety of internal and external constituents;
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining user documentation and guidelines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite;
- Self-starter with ability to complete tasks and achieve goals independently; ability to coordinate and work well with a team including remote employees;
- Must be organized, flexible, and able to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Five (5) years of experience supporting and programming in the Ellucian Colleague environment;
- Demonstrated experience installing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting vendor-developed administrative systems in an academic environment;
- Experience working in or with institutions of higher education.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Remote work possible.
- This position may require nights, weekend, and unusual hours depending on project or ongoing university programs.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran. Widener University requires all prospective employees to provide proof of taking the primary vaccination series against COVID-19 prior to employment or apply and be approved for a medical/religious exemption. Offers may be rescinded if the new employee does not provide proof of taking the primary vaccination series in a timely manner.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widener’s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.