Widener University, an NCAA Division III Commonwealth Conference member of the Middle Atlantic Conferences, is currently seeking a Head Coach of Women’s Cross Country – Track and Field, in the Department of Athletics. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this role provides support to Widener University Athletic Department and the Division of Academic and Student Affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Develop and manage an NCAA Division III Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field program in accordance with NCAA, Middle Atlantic Conference, and Widener University guidelines.
- Responsible for individual and team coaching, practice planning and event preparation, student-athlete evaluation, student academic monitoring, staff management, coordinating on and off campus recruiting, budget management, coordinating team travel and daily operations.
- Adjunct instructor for Physical Education
- Department administrative responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Three years of collegiate cross-country and track and field coaching experience at the Division III level or higher
- Bachelor’s degree
- A clean, valid driver’s license with evidence of insurability
- Experience in recruiting and retention of collegiate student-athletes and student-athlete academic monitoring
- Appropriate certifications in CPR and First Aid
- Master’s degree
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of related experience in coaching Cross Country/Track & Field at the collegiate level
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Night and/or weekend hours will be required.
- Occasional lifting of weight over 40 pounds.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.