Widener University Delaware Law School is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant in our Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, Inc. (DVLS) unit. This role reports to the Executive Director, and provides support to the entire DVLS unit.
This position is grant funded and contingent upon receiving this funding annually.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Provides support for attorneys.
- Maintain and update database.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Responsible for answering the overflow telephones when students are not available.
- Act as backup for the telephone system.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Effective and professional communication abilities, including being able to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors and clients or guests
- Professional writing capabilities, including emails, memos, letters and other industry-related reports, documents and correspondence
- Project management skills, like goal-setting, budget management and planning
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with word processing software for creating and contributing to spreadsheets, drafting and sharing documents and creating engaging and informative presentations
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widener’s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.