Widener University is currently seeking an Outreach and Support Coordinator for Title IX and Equal Opportunity will assist the Title IX Coordinator and Equal Opportunity Officer in responding to all reports under the University’s Equal Opportunity, Harassment and Nondiscrimination policy (EOHN), and will primarily be responsible for the initial outreach to potential complainants (students, employees, faculty, and third parties), educating them on their rights and responsibilities related to University policies, connecting them with resources, and providing them with appropriate and/or necessary accommodations.
Under the direction of the Title IX Coordinator and Equal Opportunity Officer, the Outreach and Support Coordinator will assist in coordinating responses and outreach efforts with relevant university partners. This role will serve as a Deputy Title IX and EEO Coordinator, and will serve as a primary resource for supportive and protective measures for members of the University community throughout the investigative process. The Outreach and Support Coordinator will need to be able to work independently and exercise a great deal of discretion and critical thinking to be successful in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Aid the Title IX Coordinator and Equal Opportunity Officer in responding to and monitoring all incoming reports of discrimination, harassment, and sexual and gender-based misconduct at Widener University
- Responsible for outreaching to potential complainants (students, employees, faculty, and third parties) under the Equal Opportunity, Harassment and Nondiscrimination policy (EOHN) and providing them with resources, process information, and reasonable accommodations, as needed
- In coordination with the Title IX Coordinator and Equal Opportunity Officer, develop and coordinate the distribution of educational, communication, and promotional materials to the University community regarding reporting of discrimination and harassment based upon a protected category and/or sexual and gender-based harassment and misconduct and the prevention of such behavior
- Maintain up-to-date records of all reports at the University and the University’s outreach, response, and process for each report
- Assist the Title IX Coordinator and Equal Opportunity Officer in the general office responsibilities, including but not limited to
- Developing and providing training and education to the university community
- Creating and/or updating polices, processes, and protocols
- Managing grants
- Maintaining university and community partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years case management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Title IX, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Clery Act legislation
- Experience using Maxient case management software
- Experience working in Higher Education
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widener’s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.