Widener University is currently seeking a Senior Client Experience (CX) Specialist in the Learning and Client Experience division of Library and Information Services. This Senior CX Team role reports to the Director, Client Experience and Learning Spaces and will be responsible for providing excellent client experience. This role has the opportunity to extend a positive client experience beyond the day-to-day IT support to faculty, staff, and students at Widener University by creating a positive work environment that is supportive and respectful of client needs. CX Specialists are the IT frontline for our students and employees, providing technical support, consultation, and an ever-present, high level of customer service. In this search, we are specifically looking for a team member who possesses exceptional Mac skills and can effectively troubleshoot and resolve Mac-related issues. You will play a crucial role in ensuring that our clients receive prompt and efficient assistance with their Mac devices and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support in a timely, consultative and professional manner.
- Work in a team environment to support service requests and delivery of Tiers 1 & 2 support which includes but is not limited to the following:
i consulting and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair standard technical problems
- Configure and install hardware and software
- Provide support and service for computers, peripherals, audio-visual, and classroom technologies
- Document all communications with customers within ticket system
- Provide emergency on-call after hours support on a rotating basis.
- Resolve PC product-related issues as needed, including maintenance emergencies, testing, configuring, documenting, and installing of new or upgraded software on all campuses.
- Provide expertise for CX efforts to diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems on Mac devices, including macOS and Mac-specific applications.
- Install, update, and maintain software applications on Mac computers.
- Provide consultative and/or physical support for university events
- Participate in LIS or university project teams as a representative of the CX team.
- Project Management
- Manages projects, including asset management, within given constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and quality through the duration of the project.
- Prepare documentation and communications for the project.
- Data collections and reporting: collect, analyze, and summarize information requested by LaCE Management Team
- CX Team Collaboration (all members of team)
- Engage with CX Team members to suggest improvements in service delivery and communication.
- Participate actively in team meetings to enhance the quality of client experience.
- Support and be part of the positive experience and knowledge base for Client Experience Ambassadors (student workers).
- Serve as “go-to” person for university clients, peers on the CX Team, LaCE Management, and LIS Leadership
- Take initiative as a problem solver
- Engage with clients in the process of developing and maintaining relationships and solutions
- Collaborate across teams
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Support other tasks or special projects as assigned by the LaCE Management Team
- Troubleshoot basic networking issues
- Train and assist customers on proper use and behaviors of the mobile platforms, and computer systems managed by ITS
- Assist with accurate asset management data.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field or equivalent training.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency of information system hardware and software troubleshooting skills and problem resolution.
- Strong proficiency in Mac operating systems, including macOS Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur.
- Extensive knowledge of Mac hardware, peripherals, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Proficiency in build/provision, maintain and support of PC and Mac images.
- Experience delivering positive customer/client experience
- Obtain necessary criminal background checks (state and federal) and child abuse clearances.
- Experience in end-to-end project management
- Commitment to team and inclusive culture
- Professional certifications such as Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) or Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) are a plus.
- Experience working in an academic institution, strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies.
- Sound organizational skills and an ability to recognize and change work priorities in a timely fashion.
- Experience with technologies in use at Widener University is very helpful.
- Active Directory
- Office 365 suite
- Remote assistance (Bomgar, LogMeIn, GoToAssist)
- Kace System Management Appliance or other MDM
- Audio Visual basics
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- The usual work environment is an office/computer room. Heavy walk-in or telephone traffic; high level of in-person and routinely sitting at a desk or table, routinely standing, walking, or climbing stairs, routinely lifting less than 25lbs, occasionally lifting\pushing more than 25lbs. Routine standing, bending, stooping, and kneeling are all part of the job. Basic manual dexterity is essential. Occasional scheduled on-call responsibility, nights and weekends are required.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widener’s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.