Widener University is currently seeking an Associate Director of Compliance and Business Continuity. Reporting to the Executive Director of Student Financial Services, this role provides support within the Division of Enrollment including Financial Aid, the Bursar, Registrar, One-Stop Service Center, & the university Loan Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- The Associate Director will provide leadership within Student Financial Services by establishing, implementing and evaluating financial aid operations, programs and processes for all campuses to ensure compliance and efficiency
- Serve as primary contact for federal and internal auditors, with regards to loan programs, collection and preparation of data for audit testing
- This role will promote an efficient and high-quality student-centered approach to cash management administration and ensure institutional compliance with governmental regulations including the accurate and timely preparation of all monitoring/audit reports, and proposal/implementation of solutions to any findings
- Oversee the Satisfactory Academic Progress process & communications
- Monitor access to Title IV data in our Student Information System
- Develop internal controls and track improvements in compliance areas
- Manage our 1098-T process to ensure timely delivery of tax documents
- In collaboration with the Director of Financial Aid & Bursar, update forms, publications, and website content including Consumer Information
- Responsible for managing special projects as assigned by the Executive Director to include developing detailed project plans, timelines, milestones and deliverables
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Five plus years of progressively responsible and successful leadership in financial aid administration, cash management, project/program management and/or compliance;
- Knowledge of federal/state reporting, regulations including Cash Management;
- Strong managerial and administrative skills;
- Exceptional and creative communication and critical thinking skills, combined with the proven ability to move ideas forward in a collaborative manner;
- Strong problem solving and time-management skills;
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with various departments to achieve strategic objectives
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
- A master’s degree
- Ellucian Colleague system experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Occasional weekend work supporting campus events
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time (2+hours)
- This role may be eligible for a flexible work arrangement.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widener’s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.