Widener University is currently seeking an Enrollment Services Representative (2) in the Office of the Bursar/Enrollment Services. Reporting to Associate Bursar, this role is responsible for assisting all University students and staff with transactions for Financial Aid, Bursar, Registrar, One Card. In addition, the Enrollment Services Representative is responsible for answering a wide variety of questions posed by potential and current students, staff, faculty, and visitors to the University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Knowledge of the functions of the Financial Aid, Bursar, Registrar and One Card Offices.
- Upon request, review students' financial aid, process add/drop of classes for the Registrar, add meal plans, issue parking decals, issue student employment contracts.
- Process payments to student and University accounts.
- Advise students, staff and special program participants regarding financial status processes, procedures, and requirements; advise on alternative courses of action and consequences.
- Initiate, review and update student accounts for financial assessment and payment transactions.
- Process miscellaneous charges to student accounts.
- Prepare and reconcile daily cash receipts for head cashier.
- Provide daily customer service to all, including students and parents, walk-ins and phone calls.
- Data enter course schedules as needed.
- Dispense student employment contracts.
- Receive, process, and disburse all pertinent Enrollment Management forms.
- Instruct students on Web-based transactions, resolve holds on student records and other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience in an office environment preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated significant attention to detail.
- Experience in demonstrating diplomacy, tact and confidentiality in dealing with students and faculty.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability in web-based software, e-mail and using the Internet.
- Must be organized, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Superior interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external constituents.
- Experience using Ellucian/Colleague software
- Customer service experience in higher education
- Experience in front-line service role
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Widener University requires all prospective employees to provide proof of taking the primary vaccination series against COVID-19 prior to employment or apply and be approved for a medical/religious exemption. Offers may be rescinded if the new employee does not provide proof of taking the primary vaccination series in a timely manner.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widener’s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.